Were you aware that Pairmore & Young: Synergy Chiropractic has 6 massage therapists on staff? If not, please take note, and allow me to inform you about the chiropractic massage available here at Pairmore & Young.
Many people think that a massage is a massage. However, there are many different types of massage, for example: deep tissue, hot stone, Swedish, myofascial, etc. The many options can make it challenging to figure out what type of massage will work best for you. At Pairmore & Young, the doctors work closely with the massage therapists to give our patients the best possible results and experience, and make recommendations according to individual treatment needs.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you are considering chiropractic massage.
- Chiropractic massage is covered by many insurance companies today. Unlike massage for relaxation purposes—which we also provide–chiropractic massage can be covered by insurance because it falls under chiropractic care. If you’re unsure about your benefit coverage, please give us a call and we’ll check into it for you.
- You can only receive a chiropractic massage after you’ve been examined by a chiropractor.
- Your chiropractor will tell your massage therapist which areas need the most attention, and can recommend a specific technique.
- Massage is primarily focused on reducing stress and inflammation in a certain areas. Some techniques are more effective than others, especially when addressing specific injuries or chronic pain.
- Chiropractic massage therapists are skilled at assisting the body to heal itself, by using various massage techniques. They are trained to promote blood flow and reduce fluid retention around areas of injury. During a chiropractic massage, your therapist will likely focus on a specific area or a few key areas. In order to do so, they need to have a detailed understanding of the underlying issues and the best techniques to help you address them, which is why the doctor and massage therapists work together to get you the most beneficial treatment.
If you are looking for chiropractic treatment and massage options give us a call at (907) 677-6953 to schedule an exam!