What is the COX flexion-distraction technique?
Cox Flexion-Distraction Technique is a non-surgical, doctor-controlled, hands-on spinal manipulation performed by a chiropractic back pain specialist with the patient lying on The Cox Flexion-Distraction table, a specially designed chiropractic instrument. This table permits the effective administration of flexion-distraction and spinal decompression adjustment and manipulation.
Well-researched and documented, flexion-distraction and decompression help relieve spinal pain and return patients to their desired quality of life by …
- Reducing pressure between vertebral discs
- Widening the spinal canal foraminal area by as much as 28%
- Reducing pressure on the spinal nerves
- Returning motion to the spinal joints.
The Cox Flexion-Distraction Technique is ideal for managing conditions causing low back and leg pain as well as neck and arm pain.
It also reduces pain attributable to . . .
- Disc herniation
- Slipped disc
- Ruptured disc
- Facet syndrome
- Post-surgical continued pain (pain after back surgery)