Natural fibromyalgia treatment options
Suffering from fibromyalgia can be debilitating. With headaches, constant pain and very little restful sleep, it can be difficult for the body to recover. Due to the continual nature of its symptoms, fibromyalgia sufferers seek natural remedies for their debilitation symptoms. Here are a few choices:
- Aromatherapy – Certain scents can help relieve pain and promote more restful sleep.
- Yoga – Yoga is a gentle form of exercise that provides stress relief.
- Massage – Soft tissue massage can help with managing pain if it is done using appropriate light pressure.
- Vitamin D – Getting enough daily sun rays helps decrease the muscle pain associated with fibromyalgia because of the associated pain relief benefits of vitamin D.
- Upper Cervical Chiropractic – While this may not be a well known of an option, upper cervical chiropractic can provide a solution to the root cause of fibromyalgia.
The connection between the spine and fibromyalgia
Within your spine bones are a complex system of nerves called your spinal cord. Through these nerves, the body and brain communicate, sending signals to one another within the protective barrier of the vertebrae. For those with fibromyalgia, a disturbance has occurred within this delicate communication system, mistranslating standard non-painful stimuli into a perceived experience of extreme pain. At Synergy Chiropractic, the first priority is to thoroughly examine our patients to identify any pressure that may be affecting the brainstem. This can happen when the upper vertebrae misalign due to accident or injury.
Fortunately, with the practiced technique of our specialists, this type of displacement can be easily corrected with a simple, gentle adjustment. When the atlas, the top bone in the neck, is returned to its proper position, the rest of the body naturally begins to heal and restore itself. The nerve system signals between the brain and body once again translate accurately, resulting in the symptoms of fibromyalgia decreasing substantially or even leaving entirely.
To schedule, a complementary pre-consultation with one of our doctors click the button below.
To learn more about the research and connection between neck injuries and migraines click the button below.